Importing Gradebook Data
If you manage student grades using an Excel spreadsheet (CSV file), you are able to import this into the Gradebook within the unit Space. This must be in the correct format and can be acquired by Exporting Gradebook Data first.
The below steps illustrate how to successfully import grade data into the Gradebook for a .CSV file:
- Access the Gradebook
- Import your Excel file (CSV format) back to your Gradebook
- Error Check
- Preview Import
- Confirm Gradebook Data
1. Select Grades from the Assessments menu.
1. Select the Enter Grades tab to access the grade records.
2. Click the Import button.
Note: Only Numeric, Pass/Fail, Selectbox, and Text grade items, and the Final Adjusted Grade can be imported
3. Click on the Choose File button.
4. From your devices, locate the CSV file you have entered grades in and click on Open.
5. The name of the CSV File will be listed once it has been successfully added.
6. If you manually import a new grade item, you can tick on the Item Creation option, which allows a new grade item to be created when an unrecognised item is found.
7. Click on the Continue button.
1. If the CSV file is not in the correct format you will receive Errors and Warnings. In the example below, two students have grade values exceeding the max points 100, the system has advised changing the grades.
If you're encountered an error message, you can click on the Go Back button and re-upload your modified .CSV file.
2. Once errors and warnings have been resolved, click Continue.
Note: If you encounter errors and are unable to resolve them, try Exporting Gradebook Data, and entering the data again.
1. You will see a preview of the data that will be imported into your Gradebook which will note any changes that have been made.
2. For example “ - / 10 -> 8 / 10” indicates that the grade for this student has been modified from ‘nil/10’ to ‘8/10’.
3. Click Import to continue.
The Gradebook will be updated with the data from the CSV file. Therefore, it's recommended to review the updated grades against your CSV files.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.