Accessing an Originality Report with Turnitin Feedback Studio
Turnitin Feedback Studio enables you to scan student submissions against an extensive database of journals, student papers and online sources to identify potential cases of plagiarism. You can view the Originality Reports within VU Collaborate, which highlight matched areas, showing percentage breakdowns and direct links to identified sources.
Here are the steps to access an orginality report with Turnitin Feedback Studio:
1. Access student submissions by selecting Assessment Dropbox from the Assessments menu.
1. Select the assessment dropbox folder you wish to view by clicking on the assessment name link.
2. You will know if your assessment dropbox is Turnitin enabled if you see the text (Turnitin Enabled) next to the folder name.
Note: To enable Turnitin Feedback Studio for an assessment dropbox folder, please view step 2 of the Creating an Assessment Dropbox guide.
1. Find the student you wish to view the Originality Report for. When a report is available, the status displays a percentage rating which indicates the level of matching content.
Note: If you see In-Progress in the report column, this indicates the assessment is currently being processed by Turnitin. Click refresh after 5 to 25 minutes so the percentage from the Originality Report appears. If a report fails to generate after an hour, please contact the ITS Service Desk.
Click the coloured box beside the percentage rating to view the Originality Report in Turnitin Feedback Studio. From here you can also grade the assignment and provide feedback online.
4.1 Accept User Agreement
1. You may be prompted to accept the Turnitin User Agreement. If so, click on I Agree -- Continue.
4.2 View Originality Report
1. The Originality Report is comprised of two main panes. The right pane lists all of the matching sources, including the percentage of text that matches and a link to the online content. The left pane displays the submission text using coloured highlights to draw attention to the matching content. See the Reading an Originality Report guide to learn more about interpreting Originality Reports.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.