Create a Campus Pack Class Blog
CampusPack is an addition to VU Collaborate that offers blogs, wikis and podcasts to staff and students. A Campus Pack class blog allows students in your space to express and share ideas as well as comment and engage with others. This is a collaborative communication tool for learning and teaching that can incorporate text, images, video and link to web pages.
To create a private and individualised per student blog, try a Campus Pack Journal, which has all the same features but remains private unless you choose to share it.
Note: We recommend using Chrome or Firefox with Campus Pack. If you are using Safari, you will get a ‘login error’ unless you enable cookies through preferences.
Below are the steps taken to create a Campus Pack Blog:
- Navigate to a Module
- Use External Learning tools to Create a Campus Pack Blog
- Add a Title and Details
- Add a Gradebook Entry (optional)
Login to VU Collaborate and go to your space.
1. Click Learning Space.
2.Choose the module that you wish to add the Blog to.
1. Click on the Add Activities drop down menu in the module you have selected. Then click on the External Learning Tools option.
2. Click on Campus Pack Blog, this will create a Campus Pack Blog at the bottom of the content page.
Note: You can move this further up in your content by left clicking on the three lines beside it holding left mouse button down and dragging the resource up the page.
1. Your new Blog will automatically be titled "Campus Pack Blog".
2. Click on the drop-down arrow next to the "Campus Pack Blog" Topic name. Click Edit Properties to change what the wiki is named.
3. Click on the title region and fill in a title that students will recognise easily when they open up the module.
4. Click on the drop-down arrow beside the Campus Pack Blog item and select View Topic.
5. You will now be navigated to the new Campus Pack Blog item. Give the Campus Pack Blog and a description to help students understand what the purpose of the Blog is. You can come back and edit this later. When you're finished, click the button to save your work.
If you wish to assess this blog and send grades to the VU Collaborate gradebook, enter the grade book properties with the following steps.
1. Click Create Grade Book Entry.
2. Type in the Entry Name with the name you wish this to display in the grade book for your space.
3. Decide how many Points the grade item will be out of and put this number in Points Possible.
4. Tick the box next to Display Grades to Students.
5. Click the Add button.
You are now ready to start adding Entries. See Use Campus Pack Class Blogs for next steps.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.