Using the H5P Guess the Answer Tool
Guess the Answer is a learning object featuring a question and an image.
This type of question can be used to provide students with an interactive opportunity to reflect on what they are learning. It gives students the opportunity to discover the correct response via an active process.
Note: Please see this guide on H5P if you would like an H5P introduction, and this guide if you want instructions on how to insert the H5P into your space. There is also a help guide video with an overview of creating an H5P here.
Below are the steps to use the H5P Guess the Answer tool:
- Step One: Your Questions
- Step Two: Your Solution
- Step Three: Preview and Publish Guess the Answer Object
1. In the Learning Space choose the module you want the H5P to be in, click on New then New Document.
2. In the Insert Stuff menu, scroll down and click H5P Learning Object.
3. In the H5P tool, click Add Content.
4. Search for Guess the Answer from the Create Content Type list.
5. Give your object a Title.
6. Enter a Task Description outlining an instruction for the students.
1. Scroll down and click on the drop-down arrow next to 'Media'.
2. Select if you want to add an Image or Video.
3. Click Add to insert your Image/Video file.
4. Add in Alternative text. This field is required, continue to scroll down the page.
4. Fill in Descriptive Solution Label. This is the clickable area where, once clicked, the solution will be displayed.
5. Fill in the Solution Text. This is the solution for the picture.
6. Provide Image content name in the drop-down menu. Scroll down further.
At the bottom of the screen you can adjust your H5P's settings (you can leave these settings by default or make alterations):
1 - Display options: (previously 'Display and copyright buttons') What options do you want to be visible for the user, for example you can tick the display download button to enable students/staff to download the H5P to their own computer. You can also tick the Display embed button, which allows the user to embed the H5P into their HTML editor in VU Collaborate for example.
2 - Folder: (previously 'My Content') All your content will be saved in one spot, within a root folder.
3 - Publish: This option allows you to make the H5P Unpublished (content can not be inserted into VUC), Protected (content can be inserted into VUC) or Public (visible to the public using a content link and the content can be inserted into LMS and be embedded). Protected is the default setting and it is recommended to leave this setting as it is.
4 - Collaborators: (previously 'Authors') In this setting you can add and search for other collaborators and give them access to edit your H5P's. For example, if you are teaching a unit with another staff member and you would like them to have access to edit your H5P's, then you can use the search field to locate another staff member by typing in their full name.
5 - Sharing: (previously called 'Select value') This is where you share your H5P with others, so they can view and clone your content. There is a folder allocated for each college, for example 'Arts and Education', select your College.
Note: To know more about Sharing and Collaborators, please see H5P Sharing and Collaboration.
6 - Send Score to LMS: (previously 'Send to Gradebook') In this section you can link your H5P directly to VU Collaborate and also link it to your gradebook. It is recommended to leave this setting as it is, and NOT send the results to the gradebook.
1. Click Save and Insert. A preview of the Guess the Answer will appear.
2. Click Insert at the bottom of the screen once the preview is approved in order to put the object in your space.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.