Using a Campus Pack Journal
Journals are a tool for students to manage their own media-rich diary. It functions like a blog, but is only visible to the student and the convenor(s) in your space.
Note: We recommend using Chrome or Firefox with Campus Pack. If you are using Safari, you may get a login error: remember to enable cookies in preferences to avoid this.
Below are the steps of this guide:
- Navigate to Campus Pack Journal
- Add Banner and Edit Details
- Add a New Entry
- Viewing Recent Entries
- Edit and Delete Entries
1. Login to VU Collaborate, and go to the space. Click Learning Space to view all modules.
2. In Content, navigate to the Journal that you have previously created.
Note: For details on creating a new journal, see Creating a Campus Pack Journal.
3. Click on the journal you would like to open.
1. In the journal, click Settings and select Settings from the drop-down menu.
2. Here, you can choose to edit the journal Title or Description. You can also choose a Banner for better visual engagement.
3. Add the information you want to, and check the tickbox under Availability to Make Available to all students in the space. Students will only be able to see their own entries, and yours.
4. Scroll down and click Save to finalise your changes.
As an instructor or convenor, you can add entries which are viewable by the whole class, while students can add entries only shared with you.
1. Click New Entry to create an entry.
2. Type in the Title of your entry, then add the text you'd like to include in the main text field.
3. You can add images, links and other media to your journal entry using the toolbar.
Note: Video files that you upload from your computer must be a .mp4 file format, or they will not work in Campus Pack.
4. When you're ready, scroll to the bottom of the screen and click Save.
Back in the main journal screen, you have the option to view all of the recent journal entries created by students, as well as your own.
1. Click Recent Entries on the left-hand side of the navbar to view a list of all the entries that have been created. Entries are displayed in reverse chronological order by default, meaning the most recent one will be at the top.
2. Click on any entry title to read the full entry, and leave comments.
As an instructor, you may edit or delete any entry. Students can edit or delete their own entries, but not others.
1. Click on any entry to open it.
2. Click Edit to make changes, or Delete to remove the entry. If you select Delete, a pop-up box will appear and you will need to choose Delete or Purge. Delete will remove the entry from the journal, but it can be retrieved from a backup if needed. Purge will remove it permanently and irreversibly.
3. If you click Edit, you can change and add all of the same things you were able to when creating a new entry: media, title and body text, and links. When you have finished editing, click Save to make your changes permanent.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.