Using a Campus Pack Wiki
Campus Pack is an addition to VU Collaborate that offers blogs, wikis and podcasts to staff and students.
Wikis allow students in a space to collaborate, edit and comment on basic web pages. Wikis can support group work and peer review with shared text, links and media.
Note: We recommend using Chrome or Firefox with Campus Pack. If you are using Safari, you may get a login error: remember to enable cookies in preferences to avoid this.
Below are the steps of this guide:
- Navigate to the Content Page
- Add a Page to Campus Pack Wiki
- Editing a Wiki Page
- Viewing Contributors and Activity
1. Login to VU Collaborate and go to your space. Click Content to view all modules.
2. Navigate to the wiki that you previously created.
Note: If you haven't created a wiki yet, see Creating a Campus Pack Wiki
It is a good idea to set an example for students by adding the first page to the wiki.
1. Locate the Add New Page button in the wiki you have selected. If it's a brand new wiki, the main content area should feature this option.
2. This will open up a new page. You can add a Title, body Text and other content here; including images, links and media.
Note: If you want to add a video, the file must be an MP4 format.
3. When you're finished adding everything, click Save to save your changes.
You can edit a page anytime to add more content, or fix errors.
1. Click the page you wish to edit in the Campus Pack Wiki to open it up.
2. In the upper right-hand corner of the page, click Edit button.
3. Make the changes you want using the steps from before to change the Title and content in the page. Once you are satisfied, remember to click Save.
If you scroll to the bottom of the wiki, you will find the Page Contributors and Activity tabs.
These show who has contributed to the page, what they edited or added, and when they did it.
1. To add or remove students or other users to the wiki as Authors, Viewers or Owners, click Settings and select Permissions.
2. In permissions, there are three defined roles - Owners, Authors, and Viewers. By default, all students enrolled in the space will be able to add and edit pages as Authors.
3. To add or remove any of these roles, make changes in this panel and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Click Save & Exit to make your changes final.
You're now on your way to using a Campus Pack Wiki for student engagement and activities. Best of luck!
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.