Students Enrolments & the Classlist
The Classlist allows you to see who is enrolled in a Unit Delivery Space, check if students are online and send emails or instant messages. This guide lists the various features available within the Classlist tool.
Following are the steps to Understanding the Classlist:
- Access the Classlist
- Features of the Classlist
- Specific information about the Classlist
- Checking Students Enrolments
1. Navigate to Space Admin.
2. Click Classlist, which is located in the Learner Management section.
In the Classlist you can:
1. Add Participants to enrol another staff member into the space. View the guide Enrolling People for more information.
Note: You are unable to add students to a space manually. This will occur automatically when VU Connect syncs with VU Collaborate (approximately four times per day).
2. View enrolment statistics which provide detail on enrolments and withdrawals in a unit delivery space.
3. Email all students in a space at once.
4. Switch between different lists - students, teaching staff, support staff, withdrawn students, and All (includes admin staff and all others from each list).
5. Choose to view Classlist information by User or Group.
6. Use search options, this will allow you to search for students and staff by name, role, flagged status, online status or dates of access.
Note: When you email students, it is sent to their VU email address by default.
For more specific information about users enrolled in your Space, you can:
1. View a list of all participants enrolled in your Space.
2. Email selected participants.
3. Instant Message selected participants.
4. Print the Classlist.
5. View the role of each participant and the time and date they last accessed the Space.
6. View whether participants are online by seeing the green online indicator.
VU Collaborate provides a Classlist which lists the students who are enrolled in the VU Collaborate Space. You can use the Classlist tool to view who is enroled, check students’ online status and send emails or instant messages.
The Classlist is located under the Learner Management section accessible within the Space Admin menu.
Note: If students are having difficulty accessing a unit space, you should contact ITS Service Desk and provide the name and number of each student who is having difficulties.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.