Creating New Delivery Spaces (VE)
The information in this guide is intended for Vocational Education Space Creators.
VU Collaborate Manager (VUCM) allows authorised staff members to create spaces and enrol staff into these spaces. Creating VU Collaborate Spaces prior to the beginning of every teaching period ensures that staff can prepare spaces for delivery of their unit/course.
There are differences between creating spaces for HE and VE, specifically whether units are based on Delivery Plan codes or Unit codes. However, in both cases, existing student data is pulled from VU Connect.
Note: In order to create Delivery spaces in VU Collaborate, it is important to have the correct details on the unit delivery, otherwise students may not be enrolled in the VU Collaborate space correctly. Please check Unit/Delivery Plan details in Staff Connect to ensure details are correct. If you do not have Staff Connect access, fill in the Access Request Form and submit according to instructions on the form.
This guide is comprised of the following steps:
1. Log into MYVU portal and in the Application Access section, click the VU Collaborate Manager.
2. Once logged into VUCM, click on the Spaces tab to work through the steps in setting up a new space.
1. From the spaces page, select the type of space (VE).
2. Click "Delivery >" once you've selected the relevant type.
3. Click Search.
The College, available year and study period have been pre-populated from previous entries and are locked to prevent changes from being made. The start and end dates have also been pre-calculated based on those determined by the StudentOne System.
1. From the Template Type Field, select the relevant template for the unit.
2. Enter the name of the unit in the description field.
Note: Avoid using ALL CAPS and unnecessary special characters such as (*, @, %, &) etc. This will be what students see at the top of the space.
3. If the default dates are incorrect, enter in your custom dates.
4. Once you are happy with the title description click Next.
Each space must have at least one staff member assigned as a Convenor to it. To add staff to the unit complete the following process:
1. Enter either the Name or Staff ID of the person you are searching for.
2. Click Search.
3. Click the radio button next to the person you are searching for.
4. Under the Role field select the role you want to enrol the person into your unit with.
5. Click Add to complete the process and add the person to your unit.
6. Repeat steps 1 - 5 if you need to add more staff members.
8. Once you have added the appropriate staff members to the space click Next.
Note: The final page in the space creation process is the summary page. Review the data on the page and make any changes by clicking on the pencil icon.
Congratulations! You've created a new space.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.