Importing Components from Spaces
This option allows you to import ZIP packages previously exported from, or compatible with a VU Collaborate Space using the export components function.
Block Instructors will not be able to import or copy unit components in Master or Delivery spaces. Block Convenors are the only ones who are able to copy components in a Delivery Space. If a unit has not been “blocked”, both the Convenor and Instructor roles can still copy. Refer to User Roles explained guide to know more about Roles and Permissions in VU Collaborate.
The steps include:
- Locate import components
- Import components
- Customise your course package
- Select content modules and topics to import
- Confirm import selections
- Import course package
1. Log into the space you wish to import content into.
2. From Space Admin, click on Import/Export/Copy Components.
1. Choose Import Components.
2. Click Start.
Before you can import components, there needs to have been an export of those components. To export components refer to Exporting Components from Spaces guide.
3. Upload the file you want to import by dragging and dropping it in the uploading box or clicking on the upload button.
4. Wait while the import package moves through the preprocessing sequence.
5. Click Continue once the import process has completed (indicated by green checkmarks).
In this screen, you can select the course materials you would like to import.
1. To import all course materials and activities place a checkmark in Select All Components and click on Import all items.
2. If what you want is to import individual components, check the respective component title and click on Select individual items to import.
If you chose to import selected individual items, the system will lead you through a series of screens (one for each component selected).
On each screen:
1. Make the desired selections.
2. Click Continue.
In this screen, you will be given the option to tell VU Collaborate what to do when it encounters a duplicate file during the import.
If you are importing materials that are newer than those currently in the space:
1. Select Overwrite the existing file to have the imported files overwrite any existing files. If the imported materials are not newer, or if no other materials currently exist in the space, leave Do not overwrite the existing file selected.
2. Click Continue to complete the import.
1. Once the import has been processed click View Content to view imported contents or click Import Another Package if you want to import more files.
2. If you select Import Another Package, click Upload to select the new files you want to import and repeat the process.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.