Introduction to Echo360 Active Learning Platform (ALP)
Echo360 ALP is an updated version of Echo360 named ReVU. If you are familiar with ReVU, you will be glad to know that Echo360 ALP has been made easier to use, more interactive and more pleasant to view. The standard aspects of Echo360 that you know how to use such as lecture capture, personal capture and editing videos, are still available. One key difference that saves you time is that you no longer have to book a recording if your class is a lecture, it is now done automatically.
Step One: Accessing Echo360 ALP
To access Echo360 ALP, go to your unit in VU Collaborate. The Home page will have a widget on the right-hand side shown as below.
1. Log in to VU Collaborate and navigate to your unit space.
2. Click on Lecture Recordings and Presentations.
When you get into Echo360 ALP, you will be taken straight to your Dashboard which gives you an overview of your units. If you only have one unit, you will be taken directly to that unit.
3. Click on All Classes to enter a unit.
Note: The screen capture below shows the first unit everyone has available to them before other units are added for the semester. It is a series of video guides for learning more about Echo360 ALP that is linked to VU Collaborate Essentials.
4. Click on either the view video or presentation icons to view any one of the following guides.
Step Two: Linking Echo360 ALP Content into a VU Collaborate Space
Once you have found your way around Echo360ALP and created your content, it is a simple process to link it to your space in VU Collaborate.
1. Navigate to the space that you would like your video content to appear, and select the module you would like to place it in.
2. Click Add Activities and from the dropdown, select External Learning Tools.
3. From the options of external tools, select Echo360 Active Learning Platform. This will create a topic entitled Echo360 Active Learning Platform. In order to link specific videos to this space, click the new topic.
4. A menu will open allowing you to select videos or classes to make available. Once complete, select Link Content. Your chosen video will appear in VU Collaborate.
Note: If you see a blank screen without any Echo360 ALP content, please follow the steps below.
Step Three: Edit Properties
1. Navigate to the Echo360 Active Learning Platform item created in your Module and click on the drop-down menu next to the item.
2. Select Edit Properties.
3. Tick the checkbox beside Open as External Resource.
4. Finally, check if the Echo360 ALP content is linked by clicking on it in your unit space.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.