Echo360 (ALP) - Viewing Content in your Classroom
Being "in the classroom" means viewing the content or media as it was (or will be) presented to students. You can watch the class as it was recorded, as well as view any other presentation materials you may have provided for the class.
The In-Classroom Tools let you view posted discussion items about the class, and respond to them as you see fit. You can also see if students marked any parts of the class as confusing. These items are also viewable on the Q&A Tab and the Analytics Tab respectively, but seeing the content exactly as it was presented to students can help you determine and isolate any parts of the material you may need to clarify further.
This guide includes:
Tip: The content for any class including the class capture can be made available, unavailable or scheduled to students. See Echo360 ALP Making Content Available or Unavailable for more information.
1. On the Dashboard, click the unit containing the class you want. The class list page will appear.
2. Under the Classes tab, click on the class row of the class you wish to view, thereafter the classroom will open.
You can use the playback bar at the bottom of the classroom viewer to control the video or navigate through presentation pages. If the classroom only has a presentation, you will not see a playback bar, as the playback controls are only relevant to videos.
1. Click one of the media items to maximise that specific media in the window, and to swap with the currently displayed item.
2. Click the Layout icon on the right side of the playback bar to change the layout of the visual items in the classroom. Rotate through all of your options to see which works best for you.
Tip: See Ech360 ALP Using Tools to Monitor the Classroom for details on the classroom controls and functionality.
Any questions or comments posted for this class, along with their responses, appear in the panel that opens on the right side of the classroom. You can post or respond to questions in this panel.
1. Click the Discussions icon to open the Q&A panel. The discussion window will appear on the right.
2. Click the New Question icon to open the Discussions panel. The New Question text box will appear.
If any students flagged this classroom material as confusing, the Confused flag (located to the right of the New Question icon) will be highlighted and has a notification dot with the number of students who flagged the content.
1. Use the Analytics tab to see exactly what portion of the content the student was viewing when they clicked the flag.
Tip: View Echo360 ALP Understanding Course and Student Analytics for more information about the Analytics tab.
2. When you are finished viewing this class, click the Class List icon at the top of the classroom toolbar to jump directly to viewing another class.
3. Alternatively, click the Section Name at the top to exit the classroom and return to the Class List page.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.