The VU Collaborate online course is for all staff at VU who work in VU Collaborate. The course is designed to show you how to use a number of different tools to teach, then lead you through building some tools yourself and then to designing and developing a VU Collaborate space.
The course has three separate modules (levels) and each module will take approximately two hours to complete, depending on your level of confidence. You can work through the modules at your own pace, completing activities, getting feedback and asking questions along the way in the discussion forums.
Module one goes through all the tools you need to be able to teach in VU Collaborate. It covers:
- communicating with students via emails, discussions and news items (announcements),
- marking attendance,
- adding and managing content,
- marking assessments, and
- creating interactive learning activities (H5P).
Module two gets you started with building some content in a space. It covers:
- editing unit guides,
- adding readings to the Learning Space,
- creating attendance registers and schemes,
- facilitating a virtual classroom (Webex), and
- creating your own videos with Panopto.
Module three ensures you have all of the skills required to design and develop your own VU Collaborate space. It covers:
- setting up the gradebook for all graded items,
- creating assessment dropboxes, rubrics, and quizzes,
- creating checklists,
- creating and using Campus Pack (blogs, journals, podcasts and wikis), and
- creating and using intelligent agents.
Although you need to choose a timeslot for a workshop on a Monday, the course is fully online and there are no classes (although there is other support). You will receive an email with instructions on how to proceed after you have booked in.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.