VU Scout Mobile App
VU Scout is a new mobile app for Victoria University students to enhance student life and learning both on- and off-campus, whilst winning some great prizes along the way.
What does it do?
- Explore Victoria University Campuses and Footscray University town with an interactive map
- Find events happening on your campus each day
- Unlock special 'mini games' - available only whilst on campus
- Sign-in and find out which house you will play for either from Iron Light, Rouge Wire or Orion
- Earn trophies and other rewards
- Check-in to class and campus to win daily points and prizes.
- Add your friends and teachers
- Check game scores and House Teams on the leaderboards
- Connect to VU Collaborate and track your progress.
- Win awesome prizes such as Nintendo Switch, Macbook, iphone, movie tickets, gym/pool entry, DVDs, laser tag tickets, preloaded Myki cards and even free coffee
How do I download this app onto my phone?
1. On your mobile device open your App Store
2. Search for ‘VU Scout’ then download the application.
The App is available in both an Android and iPhone versions and can be downloaded at:
Games on VU Scout
Emoji Dropper: Collect the good emojis and avoid the bad emojis.
Book Stacker: Stack as many Library Books as you can before they tumble over.
AR Sticker Graffiti Wall:
Check-in to Footscray Park campus to unlock the Augmented Reality Sticker Graffiti wall. See your friends’ creations, collaborate and decorate the wall with virtual stickers in real time! Take photos of your creations and share to social media. Stickers will last for one hour before your masterpiece fades away.
Adopt a Bulldog puppy and watch it grow over the semester. Check-in to campus at least once each week to keep your dog happy and alive. Collect prizes and pet accessories for everyday you play.
Please note: Apple is not a sponsor or involved in the activities in this app in any manner.
Who can use this app?
VU Scout is an app for current Victoria University students who study at the following campuses: Footscray Park, Footscray Nicholson, VU Metro West, Kindred Studios, Victoria University Whitten Oval. If you are not a current VU student studying at these locations, VU Scout will not work for you.
How does it work?
By using Location Services on your phone, you can "Check-in" to class and various locations in and around the above campuses. Every check-in gets you points and puts you in the running to win prizes.
I won a major prize. How do I claim it?
How do I provide suggestions or report bugs?
How do I get involved with VU Scout?
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.