Welcome to VU! Whether you are a teaching or research focussed academic, librarian or student support staff, this category will make sure you have everything you need to work with VU Collaborate. There is information on standards, resources and step-by-step instructions on how to begin organising your content.
Have a look at the links on the side for the new staff checklist, an introduction to how VU Collaborate works, and how to navigate around VU Collaborate.
You can also navigate straight to different pages for other types of help with Teaching and Learning.
- Training and support options
- Examples of different videos and how to get assistance with video creation
- Teaching and learning in the block (aka The New Way to do Uni)
- Digital media support for teaching and learning
- VU Collaborate Essentials space for learning about VU Collaborate
Many of the instructional guides also have videos within them. Some videos are short and basic demonstrations, others are more detailed and structured. The list below links to some of the videos we have throughout VU Collaborate Help.
- How to create a Discussion
- Linking the Dropbox to the Grade Item
- Linking Quizzes to a Grade Item
- Marking a Quiz
- How to set up the Gradebook
- How to create a Dropbox
- Creating a News Item
- Creating automatically allocated groups
- Creating student self-allocating groups
- Checking Student Progress
- Create a Campus Pack Blog
- Using a Campus Pack Blog
- Emailing students in VU Collaborate
- Adding Profile Pictures
- Using the HTML Editor
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.