Welcome to VU! Whether you are a teaching or research focussed academic, librarian or student support staff, this category will make sure you have everything you need to work with VU Collaborate. There is information on standards, resources and step-by-step instructions on how to begin organising your content.
Have a look at the links on the side for the new staff checklist, an introduction to how VU Collaborate works, and how to navigate around VU Collaborate.
You can also navigate straight to different pages for other types of help with Teaching and Learning.
- Training and support options
- Examples of different videos and how to get assistance with video creation
- Teaching and learning in the block (aka The New Way to do Uni)
- Digital media support for teaching and learning
- VU Collaborate Essentials space (external link) for learning about VU Collaborate
There are written and video guides for everything you need to know in VU Collaborate. You can find the guides by using the search bar to type in a keyword, or go to the Help Guides to view by category.
Many of the instructional guides also have videos within them. Some videos are short and basic demonstrations, others are more detailed and structured. The list below links to some of the videos we have throughout VU Collaborate Help.
- How to create a Discussion (external link)
- Linking the Dropbox to the Grade Item (external link)
- Linking Quizzes to a Grade Item (external link)
- Marking a Quiz (external link)
- How to set up the Gradebook (external link)
- How to create a Dropbox (external link)
- Creating a News Item (external link)
- Creating automatically allocated groups (external link)
- Creating student self-allocating groups (external link)
- Checking Student Progress (external link)
- Emailing students in VU Collaborate (external link)
- Adding Profile Pictures (external link)
- Using the HTML Editor (external link)
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.