Navigating Around VU Collaborate Home
VU Collaborate Home is your starting point when you log in. It is where you can access your Spaces, organisation-level content, and other available resources. See the following video for a quick tour of VU Collaborate.
VU Collaborate Home
The minibar at the top of the screen is always available to you.
- VU Collaborate Home – clicking here will bring you back to the VU Collaborate homepage.
- The Waffle - your spaces are listed when you click here.
- Message alerts – email, instant messages, My ePortfolio invitations.
- Subscription alerts – new discussion posts and My ePortfolio subscription notifications.
- Updates – new and updated news posts, due dates, grades, and My ePortfolio item.
Note: If you have unread alerts, an orange circle appears on the appropriate alert icon
- Personal menu – click here to adjust your notification settings and to logout
- Help Information – contains Help resources, links to ITS service desk, Library and other resources
VU Collaborate Home Widgets
On the VU Collaborate homepage you will see:
- Annoucements widget - Only appears when there is an annoucement to be made like VU Collaborate issue or block updates.
- My Spaces widget – links to all of your spaces (also known as delivery spaces). Delivery Spaces are seprated by teaching period click appropriate tab to search units by teaching period.
- Calendar widget - shows upcoming events like assignment due dates or quizzes.
- Staff Support - Chat widget - If you have any questions related to VU Collaborate, use this widget to chat instantly with Connected Learning Team or leave them a message.
- My Master Spaces widget - links to all your master spaces.
- News widget – displays news from all your spaces plus organisational news.
The Navigation Bar (Navbar)
The navbar is made up of 6 dropdown menus that link to all the tools and features of VU Collaborate; it is available to navigate from wherever you are in the Space.
- Navbar – click on each menu to access tools and features.
- Title of your Space.
Space Homepage Widgets
- News widget - News items that you have posted in this particular Space.
- Updates widget – provides updates of new discussion posts, assessments submissions and more.
- Calendar widget - Send your students reminders.
- Unit Guide widget – link to the unit guide of this space.
- Lecture Hub (Echo360) widget – use to access Echo360 lecture recordings or click Echo360 Booking to have a course on Echo360 for recordings to link to the VU Collaborate unit delivery space.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.