Navigating Around VU Collaborate Home
VU Collaborate Home is your starting point when you log in. It is where you can access your Spaces, organisation-level content, and other available resources.
See the following video for a quick tour of VU Collaborate.
VU Collaborate Home
The minibar at the top of the screen is always available to you.
1. VU Collaborate Home – Clicking here will bring you back to the VU Collaborate homepage.
2. The Waffle - Your spaces are listed when you click here.
3. Message Alerts – Email, instant messages, My ePortfolio invitations.
4. Subscription Alerts – New discussion posts and My ePortfolio subscription notifications.
5. Updates – New and updated news posts, due dates, grades, and My ePortfolio item.
An orange circle appears on the appropriate alert icon if you have unread alerts. The notifications from the Messages, Subscriptions and Updates icons in the minibar contain alerts from the last 90 days. However, only the five most recent alerts will appear. To expand the list, click Load More.
6. Personal Menu – Click here to adjust your notification settings and log out.
7. Help Information – Contains Help resources, links to ITS service desk, Library and other resources.
8. Quick Eval - Evaluate all new submissions from all the courses you are enrolled in.
VU Collaborate Home Widgets
On the VU Collaborate homepage, you will see:
- Announcements Widget - Only appears when an announcement is to be made like a VU Collaborate issue or block updates.
- My Delivery Spaces Widget – Links to all your delivery and sandpit spaces. Delivery Spaces are separated by teaching periods; click the appropriate tab to search units by teaching period.
- Calendar Widget - Shows upcoming events like online classroom and assignment due dates or quizzes.
- Staff Support - Chat Widget - If you have any questions related to VU Collaborate, use this widget to chat instantly with VU Collaborate Help Team or leave them a message.
- My Master Spaces Widget - Links to all your master spaces.
- News Widget – Displays news from all your spaces plus organisational news.
The Navigation Bar (Navbar or Toolbar)
The navbar comprises six dropdown menus that link to all the tools and features of VU Collaborate; it is available to navigate wherever you are in the Space.
- Navbar – click on each menu to access tools and features.
- Title - of your Space.
Space Homepage Widgets
- News Widget - News items that you have posted within this particular Space.
- Staff Support Widget - Chat support and help guides from the VU Collaborate Help Team.
- Updates Widget – Provides updates of new discussion posts, assessments submissions and more.
- Unit Guide Widget – Link to the unit guide of this space.
- Calendar Widget - Send your students reminders.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service servicedesk.vu.edu.au for technical support.