Training & Support
The Connected Learning Team provides staff members at Victoria University with support, training and professional development sessions in using VU Collaborate. We offer various types of services and resources.
See the available professional development sessions in the Training Calendar.
We know you don't always plan to have to troubleshoot something in VU Collaborate, and sometimes you may just want to sit down and work through a task whilst having someone you can ask questions of along the way. The Connected Learning Team have set aside daily times for you to be able to literally drop into the Zoom room and on-campus hives where we are. You can drop in and ask a quick question, work through an issue you are having, or stay for a while and build some content in your space with us.
Bookings are not needed for drop-ins.
Join our half-hour sessions where Connected Learning staff are available to answer all of your VU Collaborate and Zoom questions. These are held at 11am and 3pm on working day. You can drop in with one question or several, no booking is needed.
Get access by going to the VU Collaborate Essentials space, selecting the Communication tab then choosing Zoom Classroom from the dropdown list. You then click on Join next to the title and date of the drop-in session to get started.
Our on-campus drop-in sessions will be back from the 26th of April 2022 and available to all VU staff who have a question about VU Collaborate.
It runs from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm:
- every Tuesday at City Tower in T1516.
- every Wednesday at Footscray Park in A202.
You can come in to get a straightforward answer about something specific in 5 minutes, or you can bring your laptop to work on building content or assessments for an hour. You can also work alongside a team member in order to ensure your questions are answered as you work.
No bookings are necessary.
The Connected Learning team offer 30-minute online support sessions, conducted via Zoom. Book a session to work on a specific issue in VU Collaborate, such as quizzes, H5P, Panopto, or setting up groups or assessments.
Book an Online Support session via our online booking system. To learn how to book online, see book an online support session.
The Connected Learning Team conduct Workshops on various aspects of VU Collaborate and have the following workshops available at agreed time:
- Introduction to VU Collaborate
- Creating quizzes
- Creating interactive learning activities with H5P
- Building and managing learning materials
- Attendance, student progress and checklists
- Creating rubrics
- Communicating in VU Collaborate
- Zoom virtual classrooms
- Panopto and screen capture videos
- Using Urkund Originality Check
Workshops can also be developed for any other area of VU Collaborate as well as a number of useful iPad apps for teaching.
Further support options
- Chat Now! on the VU Collaborate homepage and in the VU Collaborate Help site (instant support for quick questions)
- Remote Delivery Module in VU Collaborate Essentials
- Extended classroom FAQs
- Extended classroom Yammer chat group
Support for students
- Step by step help guides in the student VU Collaborate Help site
- The Student Induction space - viewable by all VU students (not staff)
- VU Collaborate and Zoom support from 2 - 2:30pm in the Student Induction space in the first week of each block.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.