New Staff Checklist
Welcome to VU! Whether you are a lecturer, tutor, support staff or service; this checklist will make sure you have everything you need to start using VU Collaborate; Victoria University’s learning management system. Sites in VU Collaborate are called spaces, they are used to support student learning with tools for course management, providing timely feedback and creating interactive and personalised learning experiences.
- Get your eNumber so you can log in to VU systems
(this should be sent to you by your hiring supervisor).
- Use your eNumber and password to Login into VU Collaborate (you can access it through the VU website and MYVU portal as well).
- I don’t have an eNumber yet.
Contact your hiring supervisor or People & Culture
- I have an eNumber but it isn’t working.
Call ITS service desk for support at 9919-2777.
Check your have access to your spaces
- Sandpit – A sandpit is a private online space for you to practice using VU Collaborate.
- Unit Delivery Spaces – teaching spaces, where students are enrolled, and the unit is delivered.
- Master Spaces – Template spaces where you prepare unit content. Content from these spaces are copied into the automatically created delivery spaces created two weeks before teaching starts.
- I can log in to VU Collaborate but I don’t see the sandpit I can use.
You can create your own sandpits (maximum of 5). Go to Creating New Sandpit Spaces to find out how to do this.
- Master and Delivery Spaces
- Go to the New to VU Collaborate page on this website and get started adding content, activities and assessment.
- Book into one (or 10) of our VU Collaborate Training sessions which run at various campuses throughout the year.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service servicedesk.vu.edu.au for technical support.