Access Grade Distribution for a Grade Item
As teaching staff, you can view or access the distribution of any of the grade items in a VU Collaborate unit - delivery space. The statistics can be generated by the unit class, individual users or groups.
This guide shows you three methods of viewing grade item statistics:
1. Go to the relevant VU Collaborate space, select Assessments on the top navbar, and select Grades.
2. In the Manage Grades, click on the dropdown arrow next to the grade item title that you would like to view. Select View Statistics.
If you want to view the statistics for all assessments in the unit, select the dropdown arrow next to Final Calculated Grade. You can view by users (students) or different groups/sections.
3. You will then see then be able to see the statistics for the grade that you selected.
If you want to view the statistics for a particular group, click on the dropdown arrow next to View By and choose Groups, then click Apply. Then, follow the same process to select which group you want to view statistics for.
4. Scrolling down will then show you the Grade Distribution and the Grade Frequency.
Click on the picture below to see a video showing how to find the grade item statistics.
This is not a lovely, professionally done video, just a quick demonstration.
You can view a relevant grade item from the dropbox evaluation section when providing marks to students.
1. Access the Assessment Dropbox folders from the Assessments tab.
2. Click on a relevant Dropbox Title and select any Student Name or Group Name from the list.
3. Click on the Graph Icon to view the attached grade item statistics on the right-hand side.
From here, you will see the class distribution of the associated grade item in dropbox.
4. You can also click on the Grade Icon to view individual student statistics.
Once you have clicked the Grade Icon, you will have information and options for each student's assignment, grade/marks, rubric and feedback.
In the image below:
1. Clicking on this icon provides an avenue of giving feedback for this student's assignment in the dropbox feedback area.
2. Clicking on this icon provides a link to the rubric where you can edit the rubric, mark with it and provide feedback.
3. This icon takes you to the assignment submission for that student.
4. This icon takes you to the assignment submission; the orange dot indicates an unread document available from the student.
Like dropbox evaluations, you can view a quiz's grade distribution after their marks are finalised.
The quiz does not need to be linked to a grade item to use this feature.
1. Access Quizzes from the Assessments tab.
2. Click on the dropdown menu next to the relevant quiz title.
3. Select Statistics.
4. In the quiz statistics, you can view the score distribution of your class or select Question Stats and Question Details to view the score distribution of each question.
A spreadsheet report ( CSV or Excel formats ) can also be generated from each statistic option.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.