Marking rubrics in Dropbox
Analytic rubrics allow you to grade assessments tasks such as a dropbox submission or a discussion post based on a pre-defined set of criteria. With analytic rubrics, levels of achievement are displayed in columns and the assessment criteria are displayed in rows.
To see a short video on how to mark assessments in the dropbox using a rubric, see the video below:
When you go into the Dropbox files to assess:
1. Click on the rubric title or icon on the right to enter into and assess through the rubric.
1. The rubric you have created will appear. Click on the circles to choose the mark you wish to provide the student.
2. You can see in the picture below that each section automatically awards the number at the top of that level.
1. If you do not wish to award the automatic score of that level, click on the pencil in the score and feedback column.
2. You can then change the numerical score as well as the feedback. You will see that after you do this, the column becomes pink and shows the orange triangle to indicate that this column has been changed from the automatic score and or feedback.
Check the overall score at the base of the page. In the score and feedback column will be the sum of all the scores in the same column above. You will also see the level the student achieved overall.
1. Tick the box next to Transfer rubric feedback to general feedback for the assignment to ensure students see the rubric when they check their feedback for their assignment
2. Click Save and Record to complete the marking process.
1. Check that the information in the evaluation section of the dropbox looks correct.
2. The feedback is automatically transferred from the feedback column of the rubric. You can add to this if you wish in the Feedback box below the scores.
Note: The photo below shows you what the students see when they look at their rubric feedback. You can see where extra feedback is located and that if there is no extra feedback provided when marking the rubric, only the score is shown.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.