Emailing Students Using the Classlist
The Classlist provides an overview of who is in your VU Collaborate Space. You can use the Classlist tool to view who is enrolled in your space, check students’ online status and send emails or instant messages. This guide will outline how to use the classlist to send emails to students (and other enrolled users) in a space.
Step One: Accessing the Classlist
1. Navigate to your desired space on VU Collaborate.
2. Click on the Space Admin menu in the navbar.
3. Click on Classlist.
Step Two: Filter Students
1. You can search for a user, or choose who to email using search filters. Click on Show Search Options next to the search field to view filters.
Select Role to display all users enrolled under a specific role (ex: Student).
Select Flagged to view users who are flagged or unflagged.
Select Online to view users who are online or offline.
2. Click the search icon to apply a search filter.
Note: If you wish to e-mail everyone enrolled in the Space, click the Email Classlist button at the top of the page, and then click Send Email.
Step Three: Email Students
1. Select the tickbox next to the students you wish to email, and click Email.
2. A new e-mail window will appear. All selected users will be added to the BCC field, to protect anonymity.
3. Type your message into the subject and body fields, and click Send when ready.
Note: VU Collaborate will show 20 results per page by default. You can increase this to a maximum of 200 in the bottom right-hand corner of the Classlist page.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.