Accessing and Editing Unit Guides
The Unit Guide Generator will create a Unit Guide with information directly from the Course Administration Management System (CAMS), publish it and link it into a VU Collaborate Unit Delivery Space. The editing capabilities will cease once students have access to the unit delivery space one week before classes begin.
Staff will be required to log in at https://unitguides.vu.edu.au (or https://unitguides.vu.edu.au/caslogin) and enter additional teaching staff details and alter any further information. Once saved, the Unit Guide will be linked to the home page of the VU Collaborate unit delivery space; it is no longer necessary to be uploaded manually.
Small changes to unit guides may be made by Conveners, Block Convenors, Block Key Academics and Block Instructors. Large changes must first be approved by the College Manager or Director of Learning and Teaching and altered in CAMS.
To access and edit a Unit Guide, follow these instructions:
To watch a short video on How to Edit the Unit Guide, see the video below.
1. Go to https://unitguides.vu.edu.au.
2. Select VU Staff Member Login, then log in with your staff id and password.
1. Go directly to https://unitguides.vu.edu.au/caslogin and log in with your staff id and password.
We recommend bookmarking this page for future use.
1. Enter a Unit Code, and optionally select additional filters such as Year, Semester and Status.
2. Once complete, select Filter to view a list of unit guides. To clear your search select Reset.
1. Click on Edit in the row against the Unit/Semester/Block you want to edit.
2. Or, click on the title of the unit guide to enter view mode, then click on the Edit tab to enter edit mode.
3.1 Manually make changes to a Unit Guide
1. If a box is coloured grey (as in the Description below), you are unable to edit that part.
2. If a box is white (as in the Assessment criteria below), you are able to add information.
3. Remember to scroll to the bottom of the page and select Save before exiting or changing pages.
3.2 Import information from a previous Unit Guide
1. At the top of the Edit page, enter the unit code following this format: <Year> Semester <Teaching Period>, Eg. 2020 Semester 2-B4. Then select Import.
2. Remember to scroll to the bottom of the page and select Save.
1. Scroll to the bottom of the page, then select Save, to save changes before navigating away from view mode.
2. Select View to enter view mode.
The View tab allows you to see the guide as a student or to print the guide.
In some instances, you may want to publish the Unit Guide early. If so, please follow these instructions:
1. On the Unit Guides homepage, enter the unit code and the necessary filters to assist the search. Select Filter or press ENTER on the keyboard to conduct the search.
2. A list of unit guides will appear. Simply tick the box of the appropriate unit guide and select Publish.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.