Using a Campus Pack Class Blog
Create a class blog for students in your space to express and share ideas as well as comment and engage with others.
The information in this guide is intended for Space Convenor and Teaching Convenor Roles.
Campus Pack is an addition to VU Collaborate that offers blogs, wikis and podcasts to staff and students. A Campus Pack class blog allows students in to express and share ideas as well as comment and engage with others. This is a collaborative communication tool for learning and teaching that can incorporate text, images, video and link to web pages. To create a private, per student blog, try a Using a Campus Pack Journal, which has all the same features but remains private unless you choose to share it.
Note: We recommend using Chrome or Firefox with Campuspack. If you are using Safari, you will get a ‘login error’ unless you enable cookies through preferences.
To see a short video on how to use campus pack blog, see the video below:
Below are the steps of this guide:
- Navigate to Campus Pack Blog
- Add Banner Image and Edit Settings
- Add Blog Entry to Campus Pack Class Blog
- View Recent Entries
- Edit and Delete Entries
- Subscribe to Blog
- Comment on Student Blog
- Exporting Campus Pack Class Blog
1. Login to VU Collaborate and go to your space.
2. Click on Learning Space.
3. Go to the blog that you previously created.
4. Click on the name of the blog you wish to open.
Note: For details see Create a Campus Pack Class Blog.
1. In the blog click Settings and from the drop-down select Settings. You can select a banner image or upload your own.
It is a good idea to set an example for students by adding the first entry to your class blog. To do this:
1. Locate the Add Entry button in the blog you have selected.
2. Click on New Entry and type the title of your entry.
3. Then add your entry in the text editing box. Remember that you can include images, links and video in your blog entry.
Note: Video files must be in the .mp4 file format.
4. Click on Save on the bottom right-hand-side of the screen
1. Click Recent Entries to see a list of entries previously created.
Note: Recent Entries are in reverse chronological order so the most recent one is at the top. This can be changed in the settings to your preference. Click any entry to view it.
As an instructor you have the permission to edit or delete any entry, however students can only edit or delete their own.
1. Select an entry you wish to edit (click on name).
2. Then click on Edit or Delete.
You can subscribe to the blog to receive email notification updates.
1. Click Settings then select Subscribe.
2. Choose Receive Periodic Email.
3. Click Submit. You have now subscribed to the Campus Pack Blog.
To add a comment on a students blog, follow the steps below:
1. Scroll to bottom of the blog post you wish to comment on.
2. Click the Viewer comment drop down arrow and this will show a text editor box.
3. Type your comment.
4. Click Add.
5. You can reply to a comment by clicking Reply under the comment.
Note: If you want to edit or delete a comment after posting it, click the edit or delete buttons under the comment. Students can also edit and delete their own comments.
Tip: To learn more about how to formally assess Campus Pack Blogs, read this guide on Assessing Campus Pack Blogs.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.