Assessing Campus Pack Blogs
A Campus Pack class blog allows students in a unit space to express and share ideas as well as comment and engage with others. This is a collaborative communication tool for learning and teaching that can incorporate text, images, video and links to web pages.
If you wanted to create a private and individualised student blog, create a Campus Pack Journal instead, it has all the same features but remains private unless you choose to share it.
Note: If you are assessing the blog, ensure that in the final step of creating your Campus Pack Blog, you tick the Create a Grade Book Entry and Add a Grade item.
Note: We recommend using Chrome or Firefox with Campus Pack. If you are using Safari, you will get a ‘login error’ unless you enable cookies through preferences.
Below are the following steps to Assessing Campus Pack Blogs:
1. Navigate to your space in VU Collaborate.
2. Click on Learning Space on the main navigation bar.
3. Find the Blog that you would like to assess and click the title.
1. You are now navigated to your Campus Pack blog within VU Collaborate. To make assessing easier, we recommend that you click this button to view your content in a popup window. This way, you can view VU Collaborate in two separate windows.
2. Click Settings to see a drop-down menu of options. From this menu, select Assessment.
3. This will show an Active Summary for your Blog. On this page, you can see the number of Total Entries, Total Views, and Total Comments in your Overall Statistics of your students.
It will also have a list of Participants with their individual data. Any of the titles can be clicked to change the order of participants. For instance, if you would like to view the list from most recent view of blog to least recent, you would click Last View of Blog. An arrow will appear next to the title indicating whether it is most recent (down facing arrow) or least (upwards facing arrow).
1. To grade, select the participant you would like to assess.
Tip: If you have a large number of students, use your CTRL + F shortcut to search the page for the name you are looking for.
2. Click on the name of the student then click on Evaluate Participant.
3. The Summary for the chosen student will appear. Enter a numerical grade in the text box and click Submit. You will return to the Assessment menu in Campus Pack once you have entered the student's grade.
1. Exit the Campus pack popup window and return to the VU Collaborate space.
2. From the navigation bar, click Assessment then select Grades.
3. Click Enter Grades.
4. In the list of students, you will see that the grade entered in the Blog has synced to the Gradebook. Alternatively, you could manually type in the Gradebook all of the student's scores.
5. Your grading is now complete. Repeat this process for all students you wish to assess.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.