H5P Sharing and Adding Collaborators
H5P learning objects can be shared and used amongst staff members at Victoria University. By selecting the Collaborators or Sharing option, other staff members teaching the same unit can use and edit the H5Ps you have created for the unit. Additionally, other staff members from all faculties can view and clone your created H5P learning object and modify it for their teaching.
Within the H5P editing mode, to add another staff member:
- (A) Scroll down to the bottom and select Collaborators tab.
- (B) Type the user's name or email address under Choose who can edit content and select the staff details.
To remove a collaborator, select the X icon (C) next to their detail.
Once complete, select Save to apply the changes.
You can create a folder in My Content and add collaborators to the folder to allow the collaborators to edit all of the H5P objects in the folder.
1. To get access to My Content, go to https://vu.h5p.com.
2. To create a new folder simply select New Folder next to Add Content button.
3. Enter the folder name (a) and select Create (b).
4. To access your folder, select the folder name.
5. Within your folder, you can create new H5P activity using Add Content button.
All activity will later be stored in your desired folder.
Share Your H5P Folder with other staff members
This is a good idea if a team of people is working on the same or similar H5Ps that you will all use. Once you add collaborators to a folder, all of the material in that folder can be edited by any of the staff in the folder.
1. Select the three-dot button on the right of the folder title, follow by Share with organization.
2. From here you can switch to the Collaborators tab, then add your colleagues under Choose who can edit selected content.
3. Select Update to apply changes.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service servicedesk.vu.edu.au for technical support.