Creating New Sandpit Spaces
As a VU staff member, you automatically have access to your personal Sandpit which is an online area for you to explore, learn and create in VU Collaborate. You can create additional Sandpits (up to 5), to facilitate designing content for multiple units or subjects, by following the steps below.
Sandpits are not used for delivery with students; all content you intend to use for delivery will need to be copied to a Master Space at least two weeks before the beginning of the teaching period.
On this page:
- Log into VU Collaborate Manager
- Creating a Sandpit Space
- Accessing your Sandpit spaces from VU Collaborate
1. Log into the MYVU portal.
2. Under Application access section, select the VU Collaborate Manager.
Under Your Sandpits section on the right-hand side, you will see all personal sandpits here.
1. Select the New Sandpit button to create a sandpit space.
2. A confirmation message will be displayed (a) and a new sandpit space will be added to the bottom of the list of current sandpits (b).
3. If you want to delete a sandpit, click on the icon to the right of a sandpit.
You can have a maximum of 5 sandpits. If you already have 5 sandpits, you need to delete one in order to create a new one.
Once you have created your sandpits, the next time you log into VU Collaborate, you can access them from the waffle icon or under the My Delivery Spaces widget.
Refer to Navigating Around VU Collaborate Home for more information.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.