Impersonating a Test Student
As an Instructor in VU Collaborate, you have the ability to experience your space from a student's perspective by using the Impersonate option. For this purpose, each VU Collaborate space has a test student enrolled named TestStudent, space name/code. By impersonating the test student you can view your content, attempt quizzes and practice grading.
Following are the steps to Impersonating a Test Student:
- Access the Classlist
- Search for the TestStudent
- Impersonating the TestStudent
- Stop Impersonating TestStudent
1. Navigate to your Space Admin.
2. Select Classlist.
1. Click on the box next to Search For and type in TestStudent.
Note: If you cannot see it in the list, type TestStudent in the Search For box and click search
1. Click on the dropdown arrow located on the right of the student's name.
2. Select Impersonate.
3. Click Yes on the confirmation prompt.
3. You will now be able to view and use your space as a student would. In this view, the test students name will appear in your minibar.
1. Click the name in the minibar at the top right of the screen.
2. Click X icon next to Impersonate.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.