Exporting Components from Spaces
The Zip tool in VU Collaborate is a useful tool for creating backups of spaces and can also be used to transfer content between spaces. The tool allows you to export all materials in one click or gives you the option to select individual components for export. The zip file can later be used to import content into a space.
This tool can be utilised by staff who are enrolled as Block Convenors and Key Academics in both master space and delivery space.
Following are steps to assist with exporting components from spaces:
- Space Administration
- Import / Export/ Copy Components
- Select Course Material
- Choose individual items
- Confirm Components to Export
- Export Summary
- Download Zip package
1. Log into the space you wish to export content from.
2. From Space Admin, click on Import/Export/Copy Components.
1. Choose Export Components.
2. Leave checked the setting include course files in the export package.
3. Click Start.
No student data or user data will be exported across.
Select the course materials you would like to export.
1. Check the Select All Components option if you would like to export all course materials and activities.
2. Otherwise, for each selected component you have two options – Export all items or Select individual items to export. When checking Export all items, all items in the selected component will be exported. When checking Select individual items to export, you will be able to select specific items in the selected component that you would like to export. For example, if you selected Content from the picture below, you can choose all 30 items by clicking Export all items or select a specific number of items by clicking Select individual items to export.
If you choose to export selected individual items, you will be led through a series of screens (for each component selected) where you can make your selections. On each screen, make the desired selections, then click Continue.
1. Confirm components to Export.
2. Make sure the checkbox Include course files in the export package is selected, then click Continue.
1. Click Finish once the export has been processed.
1. Make sure to click the link Click here to download the export Zip package to download the ZIP file to your computer.
2. After you have downloaded the file, click Done. This will take you back to the start of Import/Export/Copy Components screen, or click any other link to go to the desired area in the VU Collaborate space.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.