Folders, Copying & Moving Panopto Videos
Personal Folders provides you with a private sandbox for creating and sharing videos. When accessing Panopto you have access to four different folders : Home, My Folder, Shared with Me and Everything. Creating content within 'My Folder' allows you to create, test and share your content allowing you to review and become confident before embedding your content into unit spaces or sharing links.This help guide demonstrates how to create a new recording within 'My Folder' and utilise Personal Folders.
- Step One: Creating Sessions in "My Folder"
- Step Two: Creating Folders in 'My Folder"
- Step Three: How to make a copy of a video
- Step Four: Moving videos from one folder to another
1. In order to add a Session to your personal folder, select My Folder from the left navigation bar.
2. Click on the Create button to record a new session or upload video files to My Folder.
In order to create a new Panopto folder within your Personal Folder, you have two options:
1.1Navigate to My Folder and select the Add folder button
1.2 Select Create -> New Folder and confirm that Parent Folder is set to My Folder
1. From your folder, select the video you would like to copy by ticking the box in the top left corner of the video.
2. Then select Settings.
3. Select Manage
4. Then select Copy.
5. You will need to confirm that you wish to copy the video by selecting OK to the below dialogue box.
Once the video has been copied it should appear in your list of videos as per the above image. It will also have the same title as the parent video but will be distinguished by the word Copy beside it.
1. From your list of videos, select the video by clicking the tick box in the top left hand corner of the image.
2. Then the option to move will appear, select Move.
3. The video you are wanting to copy will appear in the below dialogue box.
4. Select the drop-down and then select the folder you would like to copy to.
5. Once you have chosen the folder, select the Move button.
6. You have successfully moved the video to another folder. Click the X
Once you have moved a video, it will no longer be in the original folder as no copies are made in this process.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.