Getting started with the Dropbox - Originality Check
The Dropbox - Originality Check is easy to set up in VU Collaborate. Just a few clicks and every assignment submitted to the dropbox folder will be checked against other student work, websites, journals and textbooks.
Follow the steps below to get started.
- Enable the Dropbox - Originality Check
- Whitelist documents (avoid false positives)
- Access the Originality Check reports
- Understanding the report
1. In your VU Collaborate space on the navigation bar, click Assessments then Dropbox - Originality Check.
2. In the Assignment Overview, for each Assessment Dropbox you can (1) turn on the Plagiarism Originality Check and optionally (2) allow students to view their reports
If you have a document or template that will be in every student's submission that you don't want the Originality Check to match. Log a request to whitelist the document so if the text is found in the submission the text will be ignored.
- Login to the Staff VU Support Hub https://servicedesk.vu.edu.au
- Go to IT Customer Support
- Go to the Service Catalogue
- Click on the Ouriginal Whitelisting Request Tile
After students have submitted assignments to the assessment dropbox folder, you can view reports via the assessment dropbox or the dropbox - originality check.
Option 1 - Access repots from the Assessment Dropbox
1. Select Assessments then Dropbox
2. Click on the name of the Assessment Dropbox to view the submissions. Next to the submission, a percentage (%) score will be shown. Clicking on this will take you to the report.
Option 2 - Access reports from the Dropbox - Originality check
1. Select Assessments and then Dropbox - Originality check.
Filter the Assessment submission
There are two ways to start filtering the list of originality check reports.
2. Option one is to click on the title of the assessment that you wish to view the reports for.
This will take you to the Plagiarism Submissions Details tab, with the submissions filtered to the selected assessment.
3. Option two is to move directly to the Plagiarism Submission Details tab, then click the Filters button to reveal the filter options.
These options include:
- Assignment: Same as the Assessment dropboxes
- Section: Unit code, campus location, and program
- Submission status: any, submitted, rejected, processing, analyzed and error
- Sort: Submission date or highest plagiarism score
- Group Category: Allocate+ or groups you have created
Select your options, then click Apply Filters.
Show submission details and view the report
4. To access the report, click Show Details and then click on the title of the document.
- Processing - wait for the reports to be generated
- Analyzed - ready to view reports
- Error - the document is either an unrecognisable format, contains fewer than 430 characters and/or 20 words, or exceeds the size limit of 75 MB
5. To view the Originality check report, select View Report from the submitted document name.
If you select Submission Feedback instead, you will be taken to the assessment dropbox folder where you can add scores, annotate the assignment, use the rubric, provide feedback and save the draft or publish the grade and feedback.
Continue to Interpret the Originality Report, to view and understand the Originality Check report
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.