Creating an Attendance Scheme
The Attendance Scheme allows teaching staff to record students’ attendance. This scheme defines student participation status for each session (ex. present, absent, sick).
Here are the steps to create an attendance scheme:
1. On the navbar, select Space Admin.
2. Under the Learner Management section, click Attendance.
Create a New Scheme
1. Select the (1) Attendance Schemes tab, and note the (2) Organisation Default Scheme.
2. Next select (3) New Scheme
Enter Scheme details
- Enter the Scheme (1) Name
- For each Attendance Status enter a (2) Symbol, (3) Status Full Name and (4) Assigned %.
For example, P = Present (100%), A = Absent (0%) and L = Late (%90)
If the status doesn't count to the final score, leave the Assigned % value blank (do not enter a value of 0).
If you do want to calculate a score, at least one status must be 100% (indicating attendance). Attendance is then calculated by adding the Assigned % for each session and then dividing by the total number of sessions.
- You can change the (5) Order of each Attendance Status
- (6) Delete an Attendance Status by selecting the bin icon, or restore a deleted item by selecting the (+) icon
Note: You cannot delete statuses that have data recorded. You'll need to unassign all data first, by selecting the 'None' option under Attendance Status.
- Add additional Attendance Statuses by entering the number required, then select (7) Add Statues
- When ready, select (8) Save
3. When you are finished entering information and have saved your work, click Close to return to the Attendance Schemes menu.
You can set your new scheme as a default scheme. Your new scheme will appear in the Course Schemes section.
1. Click Set under Default Scheme to set a scheme as the default.
2. A confirmation message will appear. Click (2) Set to confirm or Cancel to return to the list.
3. This will change your Attendance Scheme to the Current Default. The default scheme will be automatically chosen for any new Attendance Registers.
4. In this view, you can also Edit, View, Copy or Delete a scheme. Click on the dropdown menu next to your scheme, and select an option.
Note: You cannot delete a scheme if it has already been used to record attendance. First, you will be required to unassign any attendance data associated with the scheme.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service servicedesk.vu.edu.au for technical support.