Adding Activities to a Module
Add activities that you have created in VU Collaborate to complement your content and facilitate blended learning. You can add learning activities in the content area such as assessment dropboxes, quizzes, discussions and more. Add these activities to engage students and complement your content and facilitate a blended learning experience. Make sure to clearly specify how the learning activity is related to the content taught, what is expected from them and when this activity will occur (online, in class or both).
Note: To add some activities in your content area, you need to make sure that they have been created. Please refer to other guides to learn Creating an Assessment Dropbox, Creating a Chat Room, Using Discussions, Creating a Checklist, and more.
Following are the steps to adding activities to a module:
1. In the navbar at the top of your space, click Learning Space.
2. From the list of modules under Table of Contents, select the module where you would like to add an activity.
1. In the module area, click the Add Activities button. From here you are able to select a wide variety of activities to add in your content.
2. Click the type of activity you would like to add.
3. A pop-up box for that activity type will appear, with all your previously created activities of that type. Select the activity you want to add to the module from this list.
Note: You should create your activities before you insert them, to avoid errors. For example, if you want to add an Assessment Dropbox folder in your module you need to create it first (using the Assessments tool). Please refer to specific guides explaining how to create each one of these activities.
Once your activity has been added to your module, you can edit the name of the activity, add a description, incorporate restrictions and most importantly check that it has been published. To edit, check or change the published status of your activity, add a description or edit other details view the instructions below.
1. Click on the drop-down menu to the right of the activity name then select Edit Properties.
2. If the status is Draft in the right-hand column, click on the dropdown list and select Published. This will make the activity visible to students.
3. Edit the title of the activity by clicking on the title of the activity.
4. Add a description or add restrictions to the learning activity in the region below the title.
5. To delete an activity click on the bin icon. A pop-up will appear, select the appropriate radio button to remove the topic from Content or permanently delete it. Once you have selected one of the options, click on delete.
6. To move a learning activity, click on the six dots icon beside the learning activity title then drag it to the desired module location. When you see a blue line appear in the topics list, you are able to drop the learning activity there.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.