Accessing and Editing Unit Guides
The Unit Guide Generator will create a Unit Guide with information directly from the Course Administration Management System (CAMS), publish it and link it into a VU Collaborate Unit Delivery Space. The editing capabilities will cease once students have access to the unit delivery space one week before classes begin.
Staff will be required to log in at https://unitguides.vu.edu.au (or https://unitguides.vu.edu.au/caslogin) and enter additional teaching staff details and alter any further information. Once saved, the Unit Guide will be linked to the home page of the VU Collaborate unit delivery space; it is no longer necessary to be uploaded manually.
Small changes to unit guides may be made by Conveners, Block Convenors, Block Key Academics and Block Instructors. Large changes must first be approved by the College Manager or Director of Learning and Teaching and altered in CAMS.
To access and edit a Unit Guide, follow these instructions:
To watch a short video on How to Edit the Unit Guide, see the video below.
1. Visit this site to edit Unit Guides. We recommend bookmarking this page for future use.
2. Click on the blue VU Staff Member Login button (this will take you to via the MYVU Portal to log in).
1. Search for the Unit Code. You can also filter by year and semester.
1. Click on Edit in the row against the Unit/Semester/Block you want to edit.
2. Or, in the View tab, click on Edit.
3. If a box is coloured grey (as in Description below), you are unable to edit that part. If a box, is white (as in the Assessment Criteria below), you are able to add information.
4. Remember to Save before exiting or changing pages. The save button is at the very bottom of the Edit Tab.
1. The View tab allows you to see the guide as students will see it and you can print or save the guide in PDF.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.