These instructions will demonstrate how to enrol people into VU Collaborate spaces in different roles.
The following are the steps for enrolling users:
- Access Classlist
- Add Participants
- Search Users
- Assign Role and Section
- Send Multiple User Roles
- Confirm Enrolment
- Change Enrolment
1. Navigate to the desired VU Collaborate space and select Space Admin menu in the navbar.
2. Click on Classlist.
1. Select Add Participants drop-down menu.
2. Click on Add existing users.
A menu will open where you can begin a search for the participant you want to add. You can enter their first and last name or their username (staff or student number).
1. Enter the users' name.
2. Click on the Search icon . The search results will appear.
Note: We recommend you to search using 'e' number as the staff name in VU Collaborate may differ from their email address. Staff who have already been added to the space previously will also not appear in a search. If you cannot locate the user you are trying to add, contact the ITS Service Desk for further support. Provide the user and the space details (username & email).
Next, assign the user a role and a section.
1. Select the Select a Role drop-down menu and click on the desired role.
2. Select the Select a Section drop-down menu and click on the desired section (course, unit or location). This is often the unit code.
3. Click Enrol Selected Users.
If you are adding multiple users that have the same role, use Set all roles drop-down menu and select a role.
1. Click the Set all roles button.
2. Click Enrol Selected Users.
Confirmation of Enrolment will appear.
1. Click Done, or;
2. Choose Add More Participants to add more users.
3. The user you enrolled will now be listed in the Classlist.
1. To change the enrolment of a participant, check the box next to the user's name in the Classlist.
2. Click on the Enrolment icon.
3. In the New Role column, you have the ability to adjust a user's role.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.