Enrolling students into Support and Communication spaces
This guide will demonstrate how to search for and enrol students into VU Collaborate - Support and Communication spaces.
Note that - these instructions are only applied for Support (SPRT) and Course Communication (COMM) spaces, and students can only be enroled by the SC Convenors. With your normal teaching spaces, the student enrolment process will be automatic.
The following are the steps for enrolling people:
- Access Classlist
- Add Participants
- Search for Users
- Assign Role
- Add Multiple Students
- Confirm Enrolment
- Unenrol Manual Students
1. Navigate to the desired VU Collaborate space and select the Space Admin menu in the navbar.
2. Click on Classlist.
1. Select Add Participants drop-down menu.
2. Click on Add existing users.
A menu will open where you can begin a search for the person you want to add. You can enter their first and last name or their username (student number).
1. Enter the student's number or student's name.
2. Click on the Search icon . The search results will appear.
We recommend you to search using 's' number, as the student name in VU Collaborate may differ from their email address. Students who have already been added to the space previously will also not appear in a search. If you cannot locate the person you are trying to add, contact the ITS Service Desk for further support. Provide the person and the space details (username & email).
If the user is already enrolled in the space, their name will appear in the search results with an icon beside it.
Note that you can only enrol the students of SPRT and COMM space as Manual Student.
1. Click the checkbox next to the user you want to enrol into the space then click on the dropdown menus to Select a Role from the options provided.
2. Click on Enrol Selected Users to complete the enrolment process.
If you are adding multiple students at the same time, use the Set all roles drop-down menu and select a role.
Alternatively, you can follow our steps to create a CSV file and bulk enrol students into your spaces.
1. Scroll up to the top of the page, below Enrolment Options, use the Set all roles to dropdown option and select the Manual Student role.
2. Click the Set all roles button.
3. Tick on each relevant student details that you want to enrol.
4. Click Enrol Selected Users to continue.
Confirmation of Enrolment will appear.
1. Click Done, or;
2. Choose to Add More Participants to add more users.
3. The user you enrolled will now be listed in the Classlist. There are lists for students, teaching staff, support staff, and withdrawn students.
If you would like to remove a student from your unit Support or Communication space, you can manually unenroll them.
Note that only SC Convenor can perform this action.
1. To unenroll a participant, check the box next to the user's name in the Classlist.
2. Click on the Unenroll icon.
3. A confirmation message will appear. Click on Yes to continue, or No to cancel your action.
4. If you chose to continue, the system will notify you once the unenroll process is successful.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.