How to Embed a Panopto Video
Embedding allows you to take your video and place it inside VU Collaborate in the Learning Space or a News Item.
This guide will cover embedding a video using the insert stuff tool and embedding videos using the session embed code native to VU Collaborate.
This is the safest and preferred method for sharing a video with students.
1. Go to the Learning Space and navigate to where you would like to embed the video.
2. Click New and select New Document.
3. Click on the Insert Stuff button.
4. Click on Panopto from the list.
5. Select the folder that contains the video you would like to embed.
6. Select the desired session for embedding and then click Insert (bottom right - you may need to scroll down).
7. Click Insert to embed the video within the VU Collaborate new document html editor ready for publishing in the space.
8. Click Save and Close to complete.
1. To obtain an embed code from within your Panopto library, go to the folder that contains the video you want to share. For example, click on My Folder or Everything to locate the video.
2. Click on Share for the video you want to embed.
2. Once inside the Share page, click on the dropdown arrow under Who has access: and select Anyone with the link and then save the changes.
3. Click Embed. The HTML code provided from this tab can be placed on any website to embed the video. Highlight the code and copy it to your clipboard or select Copy Embed Code.
You can make adjustments to the following preferences before embedding the video:
- Apect Ratio: This is the propotional relationship between the video's height and width. You can choose from 16:9 (default), 4:3 or custom
- Width and height: This is the size of the embedded video player in pixels.This will adjust based on the aspect ratio you choose.
- Start At (In seconds): This setting controls the time in the video where playback will start.
- Interactivity: You can choose from these options (All, Search and Rating Only or None)
- All- Allows the viewer to search within the video, rate the video, make notes, access the table of contents, add discussion posts.
- Search and Rating Only - Allows the viewer to only search through the video and rate it but not access the other interactive features
- None- This removes all the interactive feature.
- Autoplay: This allows the video to begin playing automatically when the webpage loads.
- Enable 'watch in Panopto': This options displays an arrow that allows a viewer to open the video in full iinteractive player.
- Show Title: This options allows the title of the video to be displayed at the top of the player.
- Show Logo: Select this option to display your organisation's embedded logo in the player.
4. To add this to your unit space, go to the Learning Space for your unit and navigate to where you wish to insert the embed.
5. Click New and select Video or Audio.
6. Paste the embed code (CTRL + V), provide the video with the title in VU Collaborate and click Save.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.