You can grant special access to Assessment Dropbox folders for students who have been granted an extension.
The information in this guide is intended for Convenors and Instructors.
Granting Student Extensions in Assessment Dropbox Folders
There may be a time where a student may face hardship and will require additional time to submit an assessment task in VU Collaborate. The Special Access settings within an Assessment dropbox folder will allow you to grant extensions to specific students, without affecting the rest of the class. This guide demonstrates how to set special access conditions to an Assessment Dropbox folder.
Below are steps to walk you through Granting Student Extensions in Assessment Dropbox Folders:
1. Click Dropbox from the Assessments menu.
1. Select the Assessment Dropbox folder you wish to add Special Access conditions to.
1. Click Edit Folder to add Special Access conditions.
1. Click on the Restrictions tab.
2. Down the bottom, select one of the following:
a). Allow users with special access to submit files outside the normal availability dates for this folder
b). Allow only users with special access to see this folder.
4. Click Add Users to Special Access.
Note: If Allow only users with special access to see this folder is selected, it will prevent all other students from accessing the Assessment Dropbox Folder.
4.1 Select Date Availability
On the Special Access page, select the Date Availability you wish students with Special Access to have.
Students can submit to the dropbox folder from the Start Date.
Students are flagged as ‘Late’ if submitting after the Due Date.
Students cannot access the dropbox folder past the End Date.
4.2 Search for Students
1. Use the Search Options and Search For students you wish to grant Special Access by their First name, Last name and/or Email.
4.3 Add Students
1. Select the tickbox next to each student and select Save.
1. Students that have been granted an extension will now appear in the Special Access area of the Restrictions tab.
2. To modify the Special access settings for a specific student, click on the edit icon. To remove the condition, click on the X icon.
3. Click Save and Close to apply your changes.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.