Granting Student Extensions in Quizzes
The information in this guide is intended for Instructors and Convenors.
There may be a time where a student may face hardship and will require additional time to submit an assessment task such as a quiz in VU Collaborate. The Special Access settings within the Quizzes tool will allow you to assign specific students with different availability dates and properties, without affecting the rest of the class. This guide walks you through how to add special access settings for a specific quiz in VU Collaborate.
Here are the steps to follow if you need to grant a student an extension in quizzes:
1. Click Quizzes from Assessments menu.
2. From the Manage Quizzes page, click on the quiz you wish to add special access settings to.
3. Click on the Restrictions tab.
4. Scroll down and select the type of Advanced Availability you wish to apply to the quiz:
'Allow selected users special access to this quiz' or 'Allow only users with special access to see this quiz'.
Note: If Allow only users with special access to see this quiz is selected, it will prevent all other students from accessing the quiz.
5. Click Add Users to Special Access.
1. Under the Availability heading, insert the start and end dates that will apply to students who have been granted special access.
2.1 Search for Students
1. Use the Search field to locate the students you want to give special access to.
2. Click on the blue magnifying glass to run the search.
3. Select the checkbox next to the name of the student.
4. Select Add Special Access.
Students that have been granted special access will now appear under the Advanced Availability heading.
1. Click Save and Close to apply your changes.
Note: If you wish to edit special access given to a student, click on the pencil next to the student's name. If you wish to delete special access given to a student, click on the red cross next to the student's name.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.