Quiz Converter Tool
This tool allows you to convert quiz questions from a Microsoft Word or PDF document into a .CSV file. The file can then be imported into the Quiz Question Library or any specific quizzes within VU Collaborate. For more information regarding creating a quiz, please see this guide: Creating a Quiz.
This guide covers the following topics:
- Format the Quiz Questions
- Access the Quiz Converter Tool
- Upload Questions into the Quiz Library
- Upload Questions into a Quiz
The Quiz Converter Tool is very useful for large amounts of Multiple Choice Questions.
1. Prepare your quiz questions in Microsoft Word by following the necessary formats listed below. Depending on the question-type, there will be different formats i.e., Multiple Choice. Be sure to Save your document.
1. Log into VU Collaborate and type VU Collaborate Essentials into the waffle search bar and click the magnify glass icon. From the search results, select VU Collaborate Essentials - SUPP-SFCP.
2. From the Learning Space, select the Quiz Question Converter sub-module from the Quizzes and Surveys module. Once inside the module, select the Quiz Question Converter to access the tool.
3. Open your document with the saved quiz questions. Highlight/Select all the questions and copy the document (CTRL + C) and paste (CTRL + V) into the Quiz Converter Tool text box.
4. Once you are happy with the questions, scroll down to the end of the page and click the Convert button. This will convert the questions into a CSV. file.
5. A .CSV file will be created onto your system with a message confirming the conversion.
6. If you would like to convert more questions, simply head back into the Quiz Converter Tool and scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Clear Text. This will delete any previous questions inside the text box and allow you to paste in new questions.
1. Head into the unit space where you would like to add the quiz questions and select the Assessments tab and from the options select Quizzes.
2. Select the Question Library tab.
3. Select Import and from the options select Upload a File.
4. From here, you can select Browse Files and search for your recently downloaded .CSV file or alternatively, drag the .CSV file directly into the Drag and drop box.
5. Once the upload process is complete, the following message will appear: Upload Complete. If you would like to review the questions before importing, then select the Review button. To import the questions select Import All.
6. The questions will now appear in the Question Library.
1. Now that you have the questions in the question library, you can add them to the quiz. Click Done Editing Questions to return to your quiz list.
2. Select the title of the quiz from your list of options, or alternatively, you can create a new quiz. For more information on creating a new quiz, please see this guide: Creating a Quiz.
3. The screen should now detail the settings of the quiz. Under Quiz Questions select Add/Edit Questions.
4. Select Import and Browse Question Library to add questions.
A new quiz or an empty quiz will have a slightly different view, by asking you to begin adding quiz content. In this case, simply select Import and Browse Question Library.
5. From here you can view your Question Library. Simply check the tick-boxes next to the questions you would like to add. Select Add to copy the questions into the specified quiz.
6. The questions will now appear in the quiz.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.