Creating an Attendance Register
Create an Attendance Register to record and monitor student attendance in class, workshops, tutorials and more.
This guide explains how you can create an Attendance Register to record sessions in your unit with VU Collaborate.
On this page:
Access the Attendance Register
1. From the navbar select Tools, then Attendance to access the Attendance Tool.
Create a New Register
1. Select New Register.
Enter New Register details
- Enter a Name (1), then optionally enter a Description (2).
- Choose an Attendance Scheme (3) from the drop-down list.
Note: The default scheme is System Scheme, to create a new scheme see Creating an Attendance Scheme.
- Enter a percentage number in the Cause for Concern field (4) to provide a visual warning when attendance falls below this level.
For example, entering 80 would show the percentage of Attendance in red with an alert, for any student with an average attendance below 80%.
- Tick Allow users to view this attendance register (5) if you would like to give students access to the attendance list and the recorded attendance data.
- Select Users (6) to (a) include all users, or (b) select from groups or sections.
We recommend selecting all users, then filter by class group when you record attendance. See Recording Attendance for details.
Enter Session details
- Enter the Session Name (1) and a Description (2) if neccessary.
- Sessions will appear in the numerical order determined by the Order (3) column.
- To delete a session, click the adjoining Delete Icon (4). This will change to a + icon in case you want to restore it, only until you click save.
Note: Deleting a session will also clear any previously recorded attendance data. If you have recorded attendance, make sure that you no longer need the data before deleting the session.
- To add more session, enter the number of addional session required (5), then click Add Sessions (6).
- When you are finished, select Save (7) to confirm changes.
- Click on Close (8) when you have finalised updating the information on your new Attendance Register.
Delete a Register
1. To delete a register, select the dropdown arrow (1), then select Delete (2).
Restore a Deleted Register
1. Previously deleted registers can be viewed by clicking More Actions (1) and selecting View Deleted Registers (2).
2. Locate the register you wish to restore, then select Restore.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service servicedesk.vu.edu.au for technical support.