Enabling the Turnitin Similarity Report
Turnitin Feedback Studio is a tool that can be used to improve writing skills, by identifying instances of unintentional plagiarism. Feedback Studio compares submitted work to an extensive database including web pages, journals, articles, and other student submissions. Access the Similarity Report within VU Collaborate to view highlighted matched text, identified sources, and an overall similarity percentage score. This report shows how to enable the Turnitin Similarity Report in the Assessment Dropbox.
On this page:
- Assessment Dropbox
- Before you begin
- Manage Turnitin
- Similarity Report Settings
- Online Grading (QuickMarks)
- More Options
- Save Changes
- Support and Resources
1. In a space on the navbar, select Assessments (1), then Dropbox (2).
2. Either edit an existing Dropbox, by selecting the dropbox menu (3), then Edit Folder (4), or create a new Dropbox, see Creating an Assessment Dropbox.
1. Enter a Due Date (1) and select Save (2) or you will receive an error message when you try to enable the similarity check.
1. Expand Evaluation & Feedback.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the Evaluation & Feedback panel and select Manage Turnitin (1).
Enable settings to generate similarity checks.
3. Select Enable Similarity Report for this folder (1), to turn on the similarity check.
4. Select Allow learners to see similarity scores in their submission folder (2), to allow students to be able view the reports.
5. Select Automatic similarity checking on all submissions (3), to generate checks automatically (rather than the teacher manually selecting individual submissions).
1. Select More Options, to open the Optional Settings window.
1. Select Save to save settings and return to the Dropbox.
2. .When complete, select Save and Close, to save changes to the dropbox.
- Visit The Similarity Report, for a list of instructor guides by Turnitin.
- Academic Integrity
- Library: Academic Integrity at VU: Home
- Library: Workshops and Drop-In Sessions
- Learning Hubs: Academic & Study Skills
Policy and Guidelines
- Assessment for Learning Policy
- Academic Integrity Policy
- Academic Integrity Guidelines
- Student Misconduct Procedure