Linking a Rubric to an Assessment Dropbox Folder
Rubrics is an assessment tool used to evaluate an activity or item based on a predefined set of criteria. They help ensure that activities and items are evaluated fairly and consistently.
Prior to reading this guide, please ensure that you have created an Assessment Dropbox folder. You will also need to create a rubric before attaching it to the assessment dropbox folder. View the How-to guides on Creating a Holistic Rubric or Creating an Analytic Rubric for more information.
Step One: Access Assessment Dropbox
1. Select Dropbox from the Assessments menu.
Step Two: Edit Assessment Dropbox
1. Click on the dropdown menu next to the Assessment Dropbox you would like to attach the rubric to.
2. Select Edit Folder from the menu.
Step Three: Attach a Rubric
1. Click on the Add Rubric button in the edit folder properties tab.
2. A pop-up window will appear. Select the rubric you wish to attach from the list and click Add Selected.
Note: If you do not see your rubric listed your rubric may be listed as Draft or Archived. Please ensure that the status is Published. To check the status of your Rubric, go to the Rubrics tool, clicking on the arrow next to the rubric name and select Set Status, changing it to Published.
3. Your rubric will now be listed in the Rubrics section. Leave the Default Scoring Rubric as No Default selected.
4. Click on Save and Close to save your changes.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.