Linking a rubric to a Learning Space module
This guide will take you through the steps of how to link a rubric to the content in the Learning Space so that students are able to view the rubric in the module for Assessment Information.
There are two methods of linking the rubric in the Learning Space:
The rubric quick-links will only work if the assessment dropbox or discussion is visible to students, and the rubric is linked to the assessment dropbox or discussion.
1. Go to the relevant unit space in VU Collaborate and open the Learning Space. You then select the Assessment Information module and click inside the description where the information for assessment is placed.
2. Click the area of the text where you want to include a link to the rubric and select the Quicklink icon.
3. Select the Rubrics Quicklink, then choose the rubric that you want to have linked.
4. The rubric link will then appear in the body of the text that you have chosen. To add further rubrics into the description, click on the next area you want to add a rubric and repeat the process.
1. Go to the relevant unit space in VU Collaborate and select Learning Space, then select the Assessment information module.
2. Click on the New tab and select New Document.
3. Select the Quicklink icon.
4. Choose the Rubric Quicklink then the rubric you want to link to as in step 3 in the above method.
5. The Quicklink shows up in the document box with the rubric title. Enter a topic title for the rubric in the module that is easy to understand then select Publish.
When students click on the title that appears like this in the Assessment information module,
they will see this.
They need to click on the rubric title so the rubric presents as the picture below.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.