Creating a Fill in the Blanks Question
This guide is about creating Fill in the Blanks questions in your quizzes, surveys or in your Question Library. For more information, please see Creating Questions in the Question Library, Creating a Quiz and Creating a Survey.
Fill in the Blanks (FIB) questions require respondents to fill in one or more missing words to complete sentences.
Here are the steps to create a fill in the blanks question:
- Add a New Fill in the Blanks Question
- Add Question Properties
- Build Your Question Sentence
- Enter Question Hints and Feedback
- Preview Your Question
- Save Your Question
1. Click Assessment and select Quizzes.
2. In your selected Survey, Quiz or Question Library, click Add/Edit Questions.
3. Click New and select Fill in the Blanks Question (FIB) from the dropdown menu.
This will open up a new Fill in the Blanks Question.
1. Write a Title for the question. You can use a short title to help you to quickly identify each question.
2. Enter the Points value that this question is worth. You can also choose a Difficulty level from the dropdown list (this is optional).
3. Click Insert an Image to upload an image to accompany your question. You can enter details of the image in the Description field. This is optional, but it can help add value and richer information to your question.
1. Scroll down to the Question Text section.
2. Enter the first part of your question sentence in the Text field.
3. Enter the Answer that will form the first blank in the sentence. This is the word(s) you want your student to fill into the question blank.
4. Set the Weight of the answer to 100%.
Tip: It’s recommended that blanks (answers) are key terms used in your unit, and should be limited to one word per blank.
5. Select an Evaluation method for the answer. This controls how the system will automatically grade the student's response.
Case Insensitive: Auto-grading searches for a matching character pattern in the answer text with or without letter case correctness.
Case Sensitive: Auto-grading searches for a matching character pattern in the answer text that must have letter case correctness.
Regular Expression: Auto-grading uses meta-characters to search for one or more matching strings in the answer text's character pattern. What you set as meta-character parameters helps determine letter case sensitivity. See Understanding regular expressions for more information.
Note: If you're not sure, use the default Case Insensitive setting for all Fill in the Blanks Questions.
3.1 Add More Blanks and Answers to the Question
1. Enter the second part of the question text (Text #2) to help the student understand the context of the question. This places the blank in the middle of the sentence, instead of at the end.
2. You can keep adding additional Text and Blank fields by clicking on the corresponding links underneath the Question Text heading.
Tip: You can type in any number of extra Blank or Text fields, then click to add them all at once.
You can provide students with hints to help them answer the question, and enter feedback to show students after they have completed the question.
1. Click either Expand question hint or Expand question feedback to enter text and links that will be displayed to students.
2. Enter your hint(s) and feedback in the text fields. You can also add media, images and links.
Tip: Feedback will display whether the student answers correctly or not, so the best feedback is generic and contains links to additional relevant information.
1. Click Preview to view how your question will appear to students and when you are grading.
2. Click Done to return to the question editor.
You can save your question three different ways, depending on what you want to do next.
1. Click Save to return to the main page.
2. Click Save and Copy to save and create another Fill in the Blanks question with the same properties.
3. Click Save and New to continue creating new Fill in the Blanks questions.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.