How to Install Panopto on Windows
Panopto allows for lecture recording, screencasting, video streaming, and video content management software in e-learning environments. This guide will assist in the installation of Panopto for Windows.
1. Login to VU Collaborate, navigate to your unit and click on the Video tab.
2. Click on the Download Panopto link, located in the top right of the sessions page.
3. Once the popup screen opens, click on Dowload Panopto.
4. If you are using Google Chrome as your browser, the download will appear at the bottom of your browser like so. Click on it to open.
5. If you are using a different browser, locate panoptorecorder.exe that you've downloaded and run the application.
6. If you are installing Panopto onto a work computer, you may be required to enter your login details to verify the installation in Windows User Account Control.
7. By default, Panopto will enter the install location, storage location and web server details. If these fields are blank, enter them as below. Click Next to continue.
8. Click Install to begin the installation.
9. Double click on the Panopto shortcut now on the desktop to open the program for the first time.
10. After opening Panopto for the first time, you will be prompted to log in. Ensure vu.ap.panopto.com is selected, tick Remember me and then click Sign in.
11. After clicking sign in, Panopto will launch a login window in Chrome. Click Open Panopto Recorder. This will launch the program with you logged in. You may need to repeat this step if the login fails due to a timeout.
10. Alternatively, you can pass your credentials via Web Launch by clicking the Create Button and then Record a New Session.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.