Combine Slides, Video and Audio using Build a Session Feature
There are two different ways to upload already existing video files into Panopto. One is using the "Upload Media" option (which allows several videos to be uploaded at a time, but each file creates its own session).
This help guide will cover the second option, launching Build a session (which allows for multiple video/presentation files to be uploaded).
Step One: How to Launch Build a Session
1. Log into VU Collaborate and head over to the space you wish to work in, and then click on the Video button on the top navbar.
2. Once video has been pressed, the Panopto website will open on a new website tab.
You will automatically be placed in the correct sandpit folder as long as you pressed the video button in the correct unit space.
The Panopto webpage should look like the image down below.
3. Click the dark blue Create button to access the various options in the Create drop-down menu.
4. Then in the Create drop-down menu choose the Build a session option.
5. Once you press Build a session, a pop-up box will appear asking you to name your session, select the folder location and to write a description. Once done, press the white create button at the bottom.
Step Two: How to Use Build a Session
1. The editor will now open in Build a session mode, starting with adding your Primary video or audio. You may add your video or audio by dragging and dropping the file on the icon below or click the icon to open a file explorer and choose the file from your computer.
This is usually the video or audio of the presenter and it appears on the upper left side of the viewer.
Audio and Video files look like this on a Windows computer:
2. Once you have added your primary video or audio file, you will be given the option to Drop another audio or video file on the left side or Drop a secondary video or PowerPoint file on the right side.
Secondary videos appear on the right side of the viewer and usually contain the content that is being presented.
3. When you drag a file into its respected locations to begin the upload, you will see Panopto processing them on the left-hand side of the page.
4. Once the files are uploaded and finished processing, the video can be edited like any other video on Panopto.
To learn more about editing a video in Panopto, read the article on Using the Video editor to understand the powerful, creative features you can use to craft an engaging session.
5. When you are done, click the blue Apply button on the top right corner to apply all changes to the digital session.
6. The digital session will now fully process with the additional edits you added. It will then become available for viewing as it will save automatically into your folder once the Apply button has processed the video.
You can always go back and manage your session by clicking on the Edit icon next to the session in your folder by hovering your mouse cursor over the video title.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.