Using the Image Sequencing H5P tool
The Image Sequencing H5P tool will help you create a sequence of images in a user-friendly way. As a teacher, you are now able to design and develop your own activities/quizzes, and Image Sequencing H5P tool is the ideal authoring tool for this type of content. The order of the images will be randomized and students will have to reorder them based on the task description. Adding interactive components to course materials is an effective way to engage your students in a meaningful interaction. This interaction can help students to engage with the content and create deeper learning outcomes. For instructions on how to find and insert H5P Learning Objects in your space, please see Inserting H5P in VU Collaborate.
In the example given below an Image Sequencing H5P was created for the purpose of teaching and engaging students on the topic of SEO.
To create the Image Sequencing H5P, work through the following steps.
1. In the Learning Space choose the module you want the H5P to be in, click on New then New Document.
2. Name your new document on the bar, then click on the Insert Stuff menu which ressembles a play button.
3. Select H5P Learning Object.
1. Click on Add Content to create a new H5P.
2. Search for image sequencing in the search bar and select the Image Sequencing H5P by clicking on the title. Clicking on Details will explain a bit about the tool and provide a link to see an example on the H5P website.
3. Enter the Title of the H5P under Title.
4. Leave the Task Description and Alternative Task Description as it is or edit them if you wish.
5. Add the Image and enter the Image Description.
6. Adding an Audio file to the image is optional. Repeat the same process for the rest of the images. Click on Add Image to add additional photos.
7. Once you've added the needed images, click on Behavioural settings dropdown menu and select: Add a show solution button for the game, Add button for retrying when the game is over, or Add button for resuming from the current state
CRICOS Provider No.00124K (Melbourne)
CRICOS Provider No. 02475D (Sydney)
These three settings are optional and shall be selected accordingly to the H5P's goals.
8. Once you have added all the photos you need for your Image Sequencing H5P click on Save and Insert to save the content within the Learning Space of the VU Collaborate unit.
1. Preview the H5P and click Insert to embed it into VU Collaborate.
2. The Image Sequencing H5P tool enables you as the teacher to view a report of all of the students that have solved the quiz, including data on their first, last, and best score. By this, you can track students' learning outcomes.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.