Using the H5P Audio Tool
The Audio Tool can be used to capture and present content as an alternative to text and images.
For example, you can use the audio tool to create weekly updates, share interviews, record and share feedback with your students, reinforce content about a lesson and present discussions that can be followed-up after class.
Using this interactive: A bug has been identified with this interactive object that does not impact the student however, does involve some extra steps. Once created, when clicking on the 'Embed' button, the text does not appear visible, however it is still highlighted and so can be copied. Once the embed code is pasted into VU Collaborate, change the dimensions to 'width= "600" height="300" to ensure students can see any copyright information. If no copyright is required, this issue does not need fixing.
For instructions on how to locate and insert H5P Learning Objects, please see Inserting H5P in VUCollaborate.
Using the H5P Audio Tool
1. In the Learning Space choose the module you want the H5P to be in, click on New then New Document.
2. In the Insert Stuff menu, click to open the H5P Learning Object.
3. Select Audio from the Content type dropdown menu.
Note: If you click on the name of the object type, a summary of the tool and an option for a demonstration will appear. If satisfied with your tool selection, click Use. If you do not require this step, click Use from the content type menu.
4. Add a Title for your Audio.
5. Click the + button to add your audio resource.
Note: To display a more user friendly audio player, set the Player mode drop down selector to Full. You can leave the other settings in this section at the default settings or adjust them to suit your content.
6. Either select a prepared MP3 file on your computer OR add the link to an online MP3 file e.g. http://theberryfarm.com/audio/tips-on-growing-berries.mp3
Note: MP3 files are recommended as the most accessible audio files available. You can convert audio files to MP3 using iTunes and other software.
7. Click the Insert button to add the file.
8. The H5P options that appear at the bottom of the screen determine the accessibility of the tool.
Select Shared to enable other staff to copy this learning object to use in their spaces.
Select Send Grades to VU Collaborate if you have a grade item enabled and would like the marks to be sent straight through to a connected gradebook.
Display buttons will give users clickable buttons to embed your learning tool elsewhere, download the learning tool, and assign copyright to your tool.
Copyright button enables users to display copyright button as part of the learning tool.
Click Add another Author and type the name of the staff member that you wish to add as an additional or co-editor / author for this H5P interactive. You can add multiple additional authors.
This will allow another staff member to edit, clone, save and use your H5P object.
9. Click Save to finalise your upload.
This will return you to the H5P object list. From here, you can Edit, Clone, Delete or Insert your object.
10. Click Insert to see a preview of your audio file.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service http://servicedesk.vu.edu.au for further technical support.